Scientists have proved that chemicals used during farming are causing a rise in allergies. Consider that cotton covers 2.5% of the world’s agricultural land. Then consider- 25% of the world’s insecticide, and 10% of pesticide use, goes to cotton farming.
Cotton caters to almost 50% of the world’s fiber needs and while it costs less to buy conventional cotton, the toxins used to grow that cotton are more abrasive on the skin.
Cotton and Your Baby:
A baby’s skin is finer and, more fragile than an adult’s. The delicacy of the skin makes it less resistant to bacteria and other toxins in the environment. As the baby’s skin is not fully developed they sweat less efficiently, and are less able to maintain their inner body temperature. The bottom line: babies are more susceptible to toxins and irritants used in the manufacture of cotton than adults.
Why use Organic Cotton?
- No Artificial Products: Federal regulations for organic cotton quality ensure no toxic pesticides; synthetic fertilizers or genetically engineered seeds are used during farming.
- Easier against the skin: Organic cotton reduces the use of toxins, is safer for the environment and, is easier against the skin.
- Decreases Prices: As demand for organic cotton increases, the price for the products decreases. That means as more people start using organic cotton, the competition will increase ensuring prices drop.
- Low Environmental Impact: Organic cotton is grown using materials that have a very low impact on the environment. The methods used ensure that the soil remains fertile, and no artificial fertilizers are used.
Novela Organic Cotton Guarantee:
- 100% Pure Cotton: All our products are designed with 100% organic cotton fabric.
- Certified: Regardless of the designs, we use only certified organic cotton for our products.
- Natural: Our cotton product line is natural, clean, healthy, non-allergenic, non-toxic and non-irritating.