Your baby will spend the first few months of his or her life sleeping. That is why it is essential that their bed is comfortable and safe.
- All our bedding material is manufactured from 100% organic cotton.
- You have to ensure all bumpers are securely tied, with the ties checked regularly.
- Bumpers should be removed when your child can sit up or stand up.
- Our sleeping bags are suitable for babies. However, make sure the baby’s head stays within the neck opening when fastened.
A baby’s body heats and cools very quickly. Ensure the nursery is kept at an optimal temperature.
Nursery Safety Recommendations
Some safety recommendations include:
- Do not fill the crib with stuffed toys, pillows, comforters or quilts.
- Ensure the bumper pads are securely tied on the side of the crib. Make sure they are tied well and do not pose a smothering hazard.
- Put your baby to sleep on his back on a firm crib mattress in a crib which meets current federal and ASTM standards.
- Use sheets that are tightly fitted and a mattress that fits properly in the crib.
- Use bedding material that is hypoallergenic and does not have any loose fibers.
- Keep your baby’s head uncovered when he’s asleep.
More information on baby’s sleep safety can be found at http://www.keepingbabiessafe.org/